Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Arboretum in Arcadia, CA Filming Location











I visited the Arboretum in Arcadia, CA (about less then an hour from LA) a few months ago when my mom was visiting me from MA and we spend a good part of the day strolling the grounds. I recommend the tour by trolley because if you want to see it all, prepare to walk far! On the tour the guide mentioned that the ancient jungle area was used to film Juraasic Park 3 and the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan movies... So I give the guy props for swimming in the questionable water. It was so beautiful there. They even have an african desert area, so you can see how versatile this park is. I also discovered my mom loved the old 60's Tarzan tv show and watched it all the time. She even did a cliche Tarzan yodel when we were walking through the jungle. It is alsoa bit steamy there too so it was very cool. My aunt loved the book in high school so it must be genetic!



http://www.arboretum.org/

301 N. Baldwin Ave. Arcadia, CA 91007 (626) 821-3222

No comments: