Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc. President!


Through a connection with the classic book club I run a division of I was able to talk to Jim Sullos at Edgar Rice Burroughs inc. Burroughs was a very smart business man who Inc.ed himself to protect his work back in the teens. The company today oversees all liscensing for all his novels, not just the Tarzan series. So if you wanted to write another book or make a film of any of his books you have to get permission from the company to do so. This probably prevents really bad films being made! Last night I spoke with the president Jim Sullos for quite a while about Tarzana and taking my book club up there to get a tour or see the memorabilia. They don't give tours anymore because it's a small private office, but I enjoyed talking to him very much. Perhaps one day he can be the guest of honor at my book club meeting I could hold at the the LA arboretum instead, which is mentioned on this page. Thanks Mr. Sullos for a fun chat!

http://www.edgarriceburroughs.ca/ check it out!

by the way if anyone lives in LA county or the Valley and wants to join my book club here's the link through Meetup.com. It's fun! It's free! We meet once a month to discuss a classic book. I run the Westwood group. http://bookclub.meetup.com/903/


If anyone would like the rest of the 2008 fall Occidental College article please email me!

No comments: