Sunday, September 14, 2008

Book Show




I went to the Santa Monica book, paper and print show and found loads of neat stuff last Saturday, September 6th. I invited my entire meetup classics club to come along. 4 did and we had a blast! I scored a 1st edition real dust jacket copy of Tarzan and the Foreign Legion for only 60 dollars! I was very excited to add to my collection. These photos are from the book show display of Woodie's Collectibles of Moranga, CA. Special thanks to the store owner for letting me take a picture of his fantastic booth! I had so much fun looking at all his Burroughs, he even had the rarer non-Tarzan titles. ::sigh:: someday I will have them all! I also found at the show some autographed Tarzan novels by the author and sometimes actors who have played Tarzan on films. The early Tarzan novels in good conditon with dust jackets can fetch thousands of dollars easily!

No comments: